In 2016 Company of Others were awarded Elevate funding from Arts Council England to develop the company’s infrastructure, strategic planning and capacity in recognition of the organisation’s contribution to the Creative Case for Diversity. This is an exciting time of growth for the company and we are seeking board members who will play a key role in the development and governance of the organisation.
We are specifically looking for a Chair, and new members with expertise in Finance and Fundraising, Senior Management, Dance, Business Development, and Promotion of Equality and Diversity to complement our existing Board.
Board Members will be required to:
- To ensure the effective, efficient administration and financial stability of Company of Others.
- To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Provide governance and aspiration for Company of Others, ensuring delivery in line with its business plan and strategic objectives.
- Act as an ambassador and advocate for Company of Others.
- Have good communication, diplomacy, integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Ensure that the Board has put in place satisfactory systems of control in respect of legal, operational and financial risk management.
- Be available at times outside of board meetings for sub committees as required.
- Support and guide the Artistic Director and General manager in achieving the company’s vision and aims.
Please contact Nadia Iftkhar, firstname.lastname@example.org to express an interest by 5pm 30th December 2016.
Company of Others seeks to reflect the communities we work with and welcome applications from all areas of our society.
If you require this information in a different format or require alterations to the process due to access needs, please contact Nadia Iftkhar on the above email address or on 07872996914.